A wedding proposal

I loved this! Deciding on wedding invitations took 2 weeks, if only I had thought of this.

“Love Letters”the description from YouTube says:

I produced this animation as a way of proposing to my girlfriend (now wife) Natasha. I assembled a team of 20 animators to assist me, including co-workers, as well as students from my 3D character animation class at the Art Institute of California-San Francisco. We created more than four minutes of animation in just three months. When it was completed, I surprised Natasha by bringing her to the Parkway Movie Theater in Oakland, where they played the animation on the big screen in front of over 100 of our friends and family. The entire event was filmed for the TLC television show “A Perfect Proposal.”

“The Invitation” and the description from YouTube:

A sequel to last year’s “Love Letters.” This time Natasha is the star as she tries to come up with the perfect wedding invitation.

We burned this animation onto DVD’s and sent it out as our actual wedding invitation. It took nine months to complete, and was produced entirely as part of a group project class at the Art Institute of California – San Francisco where I’m an instructor of animation.

• At 2008.07.27 01:18, RJay said:

how come thre’s no link posted?

• At 2008.07.26 23:54, Deee said:

I came across this a while ago, and I loved it, I had to actually look for the TLC episode and I watched it. If you haven’t I definitely recommend it. Thanks for the reminder, it made me smile at the beginning of the work week! :)

• At 2008.07.30 07:25, gjoe said:

Yaaah! I remember that proposal, and yes it did raise the bar 😀

I just hope they live happily ever after (at least for a long while) after going through all that :)

• At 2008.07.31 23:59, jessyz said:

@Dee: a simple “I love you, Marry me” is still the greatest and simplest if it comes from THE ONE.
          @RJay: its a youTube embedded video
          @gjoe: I do to hope they live happily ever after.
          Personally I liked the wedding invitation idea more.

• At 2009.11.18 10:37, ze2red said:

Loved it, loved it loved it :)

seems like every once in a while i’m catching up with the old posts around here :)