10 reasons why it is better to be a stay at home mom than work

I was just thinking that staying at home has lots of its perks so here they are

1. No managers, just one very bossy baby.
  2. There are no deadlines, just one ongoing very long day trying to finish all of your small tasks
  3. There is no competition, there can only be one mommy, so you are always employee of the month.
  4. Even diaper changing can be fun if you make it game like.  Baby hold clean nappy, baby hold diaper cream, baby chew on clean nappy, baby lift your legs up, lots of tickles and presto it is fun!
  5. Every day is casual Thursday, I could wear a clown suit and no one would care except the baby and I think she might find it funny.
  6. Dancing and singing off tune is acceptable and is very appreciated.
  7. You can take naps, that is when and if the baby decides to take one.
  8. Playing tickle monster all day.
  9. Playing hairdresser with the baby’s hair and trying out different do’s all day long.
  10. And the top ten reason is that you are payed in smiles and giggles.

Yes it is exhausting, yes sometimes I feel like poking my own eardrums when she’s having a cry fest for no apparent reason but it is always rewarding.  It is an enjoyable journey and I have big plans.  The process of learning together and seeing the world through little Miss Wiggly Bottom’s eyes is just more than anything I had ever expected.

• At 2008.09.17 12:44, RJay said:

People always say having a baby changes ur life i cant wait to try it seems like every single mom in the world agrees

• At 2008.09.17 12:56, Mo said:

this is like the cutest thing i have ever read in my life

• At 2008.09.17 12:59, inas said:

i think u found ur self good for u

• At 2008.09.17 13:53, D said:

Aww.. that is so sweeet! I’m sending it to my sister!

• At 2008.09.17 17:05, jessyz said:

@Rjay: you can “borrow” Lulu for a couple of days.
            @Mo: thank you *blushes*
            @inas: yes finally I think I have
            @D: thank you *blushes again*

• At 2008.09.17 20:40, Qwaider قويدر said:

NICE 😀
              Well, I’m sure it’s always a lot of fun to do whatever you like. Be it at home or outside

• At 2008.09.17 21:51, jessyz said:

:-) or adapt to the given situation whatever it is and enjoy it.

• At 2008.09.18 02:29, mona said:

Woot Woot for stay at home moms! Lol at Rjay, “try it”! Try it for a lifetime that is, heehee. I’ve blogged about our thankless job a few times and I agree….totally worth it, even if it doesn’t feel like it all the time.

• At 2008.09.18 13:50, jessyz said:

@mona: I thought I wouldn’t enjoy it and would be itching to get back to work as soon as I could but it feels satisfying in a crazy way.

• At 2008.09.19 04:48, Tee said:

Khelo : )

I got here through Organica’s blog. I don’t know why I clicked on ‘jessyz’ maybe it was because I was eating chocolate at the time?! (No, it doesn’t make sense!)

I loved this post. I’m considering giving up what I studied for the past 10 years for the real work at home, until my little ones (future lil ones!) are of school age and then part-time work will do just fine!
                      Thanks for sharing the bliss of mommyhood!

All the best,

Tee ( :

• At 2008.09.19 12:00, jessyz said:

@Tee: hehehe thanx :-) you can always try to do both if you can first. Chocolate rocks!

• At 2008.09.21 14:45, Nerro said:

super cute :) enjoy your full time job, it is a tough one, rabena yekhalihalik w yekhaliki liha