Five things

From LifeGeeked

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago

• Just started university
  • Trying to install Linux without burning my monitor
  • Just met my best friend
  • Trying to figure out what to do with my life

5 Things On My To-Do List

• The dishes
  • Laundry
  • Buy Curtains
  • Learn knitting and crochet
  • Read all the books I have and are begging to be read.

5 Snacks I Like

• Cookies
  • Brownies
  • Pizza
  • Cashews
  • Pringles

5 things I would do if I was a millionaire

• Buy a beach house, right on the sand
  • Buy a BMW Z4, blue with cup holders and iPod integration
  • Divide the rest of the money by 4, a quarter for hubby to invest, a quarter as a trust fund for the kid(s), a quarter for my mom she that she can retire and the last quarter to charity
  • Don’t have any left
  • Remember I gave it all away

5 places I have lived ( for various lengths of times)

• Kuwait (twice)

• Systems Analyst
  • Cool Mom

5 people I Tag

• At 2008.12.16 16:19, chika said:

okh! I have to do it then – aho esmo post bardo ;p

• At 2008.12.16 22:45, mona said:

YAY! I love this tag. Jessy you are one cool girl.

• At 2008.12.17 01:11, LifeGeeked said:

Glad to Know that the 5 things Geeky MEME is spreading :) 😀

Intresting Replies 😀 and You are one Cool Geeky Mom :) (wondering,did you manage that linux install btw ? 😛 )

• At 2008.12.17 02:22, jessyz said:

@chika: consider it happy harmless posting, plus I could always bribe you with brownies to get you to do it 😀
          @mona: I sort of thought you might like doing it, lists and all
          @LifeGeeked: it was fun, I managed to it was Slackware I think an ancient distro and you would get this warning to check your CRT frequency so it wouldn’t blow up or something.

• At 2008.12.17 12:05, Nerro said:

Linux ten years back? well obviously am technologically challenged 😉
            Nice one jess 😀

• At 2008.12.17 14:34, jessyz said:

Fashar ya Nerro don’t say that. It was fun and interesting at the time. I am not sure what that says about my social life at the time though

• At 2008.12.17 20:33, LifeGeeked said:

Well… installing slackware… hats off 😀
                it is one of the distros that need configuring 😀
                for example nowadays, installing ubuntu is easier than installing windows 😀

Respects to you 😛

• At 2008.12.17 22:12, jessyz said:

You have no idea, I actually had to buy a new “real” hardware modem at the time. And getting X windows to work took a week. People who install Linux for the first time today have no idea how things have changed or how much work has gone into it. 😀