Super Easy Chocolate Cake

Yummy Chocolate Cake

Yummy Chocolate Cake

I wanted to make desert today but had run out of butter so that ruled out cookies and brownies.  I found this recipe but slightly modified it as usual.  It is very easy and turned out really nicely

Cake

• 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1/3 cup cooking oil
  • 1 cup water

Mix all the dry ingredients really well.  Add the liquid ingredients and mix with a fork.  Pre heat the oven  to 180 degrees Celsius.  Put batter  in a pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the fork comes out clean.

Icing

• 4 chocolate squares
  • 3 Tbsp Milk
  • 2 Tbsp Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Icing sugar

Melt the chocolate, blend all ingredients together.  Cover the cake with the icing.

Enjoy.

• At 2008.12.22 01:28, whisper said:

There is no eggs!!
    this is new
    I’ll try it…thanks Jessyz
    it looks yummy

• At 2008.12.22 07:51, jessyz said:

@whisper: yes no eggs, I thought it was a weird recipe at first but it is so easy and simple, no beating. You can even just mix it in the dish you are going to bake it in. Only one dirty pan and one dirty fork :-).

• At 2008.12.22 11:28, mona said:

I am definitely making this! YUM!

• At 2008.12.22 11:58, jessyz said:

@mona: you have to make it. I am sure the kids will love it and so will you insha Allah.

• At 2008.12.23 12:24, Juka said:

I’m at the office and now officially hungry!! You’ve gotta send some my way, cause now have major choco-cravings!

• At 2008.12.23 12:51, jessyz said:

@Juka: pretend that you’re sick and go home, make some and enjoy.

• At 2008.12.23 17:28, Juka said:

LOL! Will just have to hold out till this weekend :) Thanks for the recipe!

• At 2010.12.19 19:29, Hira said:

i made this cake today n mashAllah it turned out great=D
                  i just substituted a cup of water wid milk
                  thank u sooooo much for this wonderful recipe=]

• At 2011.06.27 18:23, Ameena said:

i made this cake for school and it was really good and every 1 liked it and it was really delish. i would encourage people to make it and instead of milk 4 the icing u can add double cream

• At 2011.07.06 18:23, Minou said:

This is SO good! I replaced any oil with melted margarine and added more cocoa since I like my choc cakes darker, but otherwise did everything the same and it was very good for such an easy and quick to make cake.

• At 2011.07.11 18:23, Shakira said:

thanks amina i substituted milk with double cream and it was really great and i enjoyed this cake

• At 2012.05.18 10:24, Cooker said:

How much is the chocolate square when u convert it to grams or ounces?