Things to do in Eid – Egyptian Style
- Eat “fattah” for breakfast.
- Watch old plays (masra7eyat) on TV.
- Play with firecrackers (bomb)
- Call everyone after Eid prayers to say “Eid Mubarak”, you could of course take it a step further and call before prayers to wake everyone up.
- Take a shower (7omayet el 3eed, 3ashan el magary tetfa7)
- Wish you hadn’t eaten so much “fattah”.
- Try to trick your little cousins into exchanging their 3edeya 20LEs for lots of 25 piasters.
- Try to convince your uncles and aunts that you are not too old for a 3edeya.