Bloggers Who Have Taught Me a Lesson

I’ve been following a number of great blogs over the last couple of years.  These blogs might be personal ones but they certainly have so many lessons that are useful in life.  I don’t think the bloggers ever meant for these posts to be educational but they certainly are.

A lesson in Parenting: Mama Mona, taught me that being a mom of four doesn’t mean she can’t have lots of fun raising them.  She always puts a lot of thoughts into her posts and they are all interesting.  It must be exhausting to deal with four children, you have my respect Mona).

A lesson in Humility: Qwaider, taught me that it’s ok to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize.  (I think it was very big of him to publicly apologize like that, hats off to you).   Qwaider also puts a lot of energy in running community aggregators like QwaiderPlanet, GirlyGator and JordanBlogs.

A lesson in Thinking outside of the Box: Dee, has taught me that even fairy tales can have alternative endings. I also recommend that you read the comments, because her readers have come up with even funnier (and meaner) alternative endings.

A lesson about Change: Juka, has taught me that every great idea can begin with a very simple post.  A simple idea of going local instead of boycotting has started an initiative of buying Egyptian products.

A lesson on Social Media: LastoAdri, has taught me that dedication, energy and faith can start the wheels turning.  With one simple idea of KolenaLaila where all women can blog about what it means being a woman in today’s world in Egypt, to using Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools to get the word out.

A lesson about Hope: rJay, has taught me that even after your worst nightmare comes true, you will eventually wake up.  She is my sister, but this is not nepotism, she really does have some great character traits that I would love to learn.

This is definitely not a exhaustive list but just a great sample of the great bloggers out there.

• At 2009.02.11 16:07, chika said:

Love Qwaider when he’s not angry ;p Yo Sam Hello! I love this post, introduction to more blogs out there :)

• […] = “http://www.longest.com/2009/02/11/posts-about-social-media-as-of-february-11-2009/”; Bloggers Who Have Taught Me a Lesson – chocolatemintsinajar.com 02/11/2009 I’ve been following a number of great blogs over the last […]

• At 2009.02.11 16:25, mona said:

AW! Thanks Jessy! And thanks for the links to cool blogs.

• At 2009.02.11 17:14, jessyz said:

@chika: so true :-) he has some really interesting ideas and a strong sense of morals and ethics which I always respect. Lots more blogs to come tommorrow.
          @mona: You are always welcome.

• At 2009.02.11 18:19, Qwaider قويدر said:

I’m honored guys. I really am.

I love you all my children :)

• At 2009.02.11 18:45, Juka said:

You are once again too kind and too sweet.

• […] Bloggers Who Have Taught Me a Lesson I’ve been following a number of great blogs over the last couple of years. These blogs might be personal ones but they certainly have so many lessons that are useful in life. I don’t think Read More… […]

• At 2009.02.11 23:28, Lasto adri said:

It so sweet of you ya Jess..
                  I was checking to list to see who’s the lucky guys, and found myself included.. thats so sweet of you Jezz…

I learnt from you too..
                  you taught me that introductions doesn’t matter, as long as you have faith in somebody/something.. go ahead and stand beside them..
                  The beginnings doesn’t matter, as much as the results or endings :)

your help was one of the most true things i’ve experienced in life the last year..

Thanks girl..

• At 2009.02.12 14:26, jessyz said:

@Qwaider: thank you 7’alo Qwaider 😀
                    @Juka: oh come on, I’ve been called so many things sweet is definitely new 😀
                    @Lasto adri: That’s like the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year 😀

• At 2009.02.13 04:54, gjoez said:

You were very right!

Here is something I learned from the Jess herself: P.o.s.i.t.i.v.i.t.y!

• At 2009.02.14 08:43, jessyz said:

@gjoez: dayman bete7regeeni bezo2ek.