FaceBook Friends

Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with your friends especially if you are living abroad.  What I don’t like is getting friend requests from total strangers.  Unless you are two, in a playground, you do not go up to random strangers and ask them to be your friend.  In the real world when you want to get to know someone, you introduce yourself, let them know who you are, what you might have in common so that the person doesn’t ignore you.  That is why you can add a message while creating a friend request, if I don’t know you, don’t have any common friends with you and you haven’t sent a message then I am going to press the ignore button.

On a lighter note, you can make FaceBook look like spring by using UserStyles if you are using Firefox.  You will need to have Greasemonkey or Stylish installed.

facebook-in-the-spring

• At 2009.02.07 13:56, chika said:

I got a couple of those in addition to “common” ones I just ignore, it doesn’t make sense at all even if someone sends an email saying: “we have 15 friends in common” ! ok! big deal ya3ny! the world is full of freaks am telling you

• At 2009.02.07 14:36, Shimaa Gamal said:

There is someone who sent me msgs asking me who are the friends we have in common. I don’t know if he is stupid enough not to read their names or that I am smart enough that I have hidden my friends but the thing is he doesn’t know me why he is so obsessed about adding me to his list?!

I know people who just feel satisfied by increasing the number of the friends on their list!

I was going to post something about facebook too :) You read my mind

• At 2009.07.09 15:02, samson said:

ok

• At 2009.02.07 14:53, jessyz said:

@chika: I am guessing if you have 15 common friends with someone, they are either your friend or you have chosen not to know them.
          @Shimaa: The ones I get are unexplained people whom I have no friends in common with. I am also more annoyed when they are guys because it clearly says I am married so I am not exactly in the “let’s get to know people” phase. So, as my mother always says “Ignore Delete”.

• At 2009.02.07 15:40, Shimaa Gamal said:

dah fi menhom keteer, I can write a book about they types of people who randomly add friends on facebook
            The one I hate the most are those who include this message “You are cute, wanna have a close friend” :)

Btw for some people being married is an advantage. They are that sick!

• At 2009.02.07 16:20, jessyz said:

@Shimaa: reminds me of kids at a playground, “momken tesa7beeni”

• At 2009.02.07 19:15, Shimaa Gamal said:

hehee, you know I never made friends with those kids :) Because most of the time were 3’elseen :) it is kind of 3’alasa to make friends this way :)

• […] here: FaceBook Friends | Chocolate Mints In a Jar Add this to : Digg it Save to Del.icio.us Subscribe to My RSS […]

• At 2009.02.07 21:09, mona said:

Yea random people are not cool in my book. I just did the springtime stylish thing and wow it’s so pretty! Thanks Jess.

• At 2009.02.08 01:51, mona said:

Hey just wondering does this make it impossible to scroll all the way down on facebook for you too?

• At 2009.06.30 18:37, saber said:

no comment

• At 2009.02.08 13:02, jessyz said:

@Shimaa: I can’t remember what I did when I was a kid.
                          @mona: No it scrolls to the bottom actually.

• […] Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with your friends especially if you are living abroad. What I don’t like is getting friend requests from total.Page 2 […]

• At 2009.07.08 18:16, Yeshaan said:

hi im Yeshaan… i bone in Srilanka bt nw im wrocking in Dubai!!! feel da fun wt me!!!!!

• At 2011.04.07 03:30, Murray Zinger said:

Love your blog. Very interesting. Keeping it bookmarked and will keep checking back regularly. Best wishes.