Questions to Ask Your Mother

Image by mahalie

Image by mahalie

My mother when asked some of these questions, she usually shrugs and says “I can’t remember”.

• How did you feel when you first got married?
  • What was your first year of marriage like?
  • How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
  • How did you feel when you held me for the first time?
  • What was I like as a baby?
  • What was I like growing up? Was I naughty? Quiet?
  • What was the first word I said?
  • What was my favorite book?
  • What was my favorite activity?
  • Did I grow up to be different than what you thought I’d be?

I think this would make a great family activity for a rainy day.  Throw in some popcorn, family albums and write every thing down in a notebook.  Think up your own questions and share them with us.

• At 2009.02.16 15:43, Shimaa Gamal said:

I was a quiet kid :) I remember my mom always said so. But I was zanana :) when provoked. Something I still have till now :)
    I guess my mom answered all these questions without being asked. She used to tell us stories as we went through photo albums.
    Each picture held a story, who, where and why.
    Try to remember every moment so that you tell your daughter. And start telling her as early as you can. You will be amazed how well she will remember your stories when she grows

• At 2009.02.16 16:27, mona said:

These are good, InshaAllah I can answer them one day when my kids ask.

• At 2009.02.16 16:41, marwa said:

loool i went now 2 ask my mom but she said : 7lee 3nne bde anam ,,looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool 😀

• At 2009.02.16 23:09, Solace said:

LOl, my dd is almost 5 and I am bombarded with questions like these on a regular basis:-)

• At 2009.02.17 07:44, jessyz said:

@Shimaa: I tell her all the time, I even kept the original home pregnancy test thingy :D.
            @mona: they haven’t asked yet?
            @marwa: sort of like what my mom does too.
            @Solace: I am curious, how does she react to your answers? Does she ask the same questions all over again?

• At 2009.02.17 10:39, inas said:

u r now just what i wished responsible giving caring mother and wife may be i did agood job i hope ana gamda gedan

• At 2009.02.19 01:30, jessyz said:

@inas: enti gamda geddan fe3lan!