Decisions

Decisions by Richard Scott 33

Decisions by Richard Scott 33

How do you make decisions? Tough ones, small ones or silly ones? How do you decide to go left or go right? Are all decisions equally difficult to make or do you find some easier than others? Do you call friends, ask family or check your horoscope? Do you pray and ask for divine intervention? Which is worse; making the wrong decision or not making a decision at all? You always want to make the right choice every time, but can we? Sometimes we know we are doing the wrong thing but know that it is also the only feasible option, does that still make it a decision or is it then no longer a choice but a fact of life? Is everything in life fate? Do we even get to make these decisions or is everything already predetermined?

Just some questions that I don’t have the answers to, do you?

• At 2009.04.21 19:00, Hijabee said:

Interesting questions, hard answers. Is there a proper etiquette as far as making decisions? I don’t know, Do I make decisions the same way all the time? Probably not! All I know is I think about it a lot and pray for Allah to guide me!

• At 2009.04.26 08:12, jessyz said:

The only etiquette I know of, is thinking something through then doing an Istikhara, it still doesn’t take the pressure off completely though.

• At 2009.04.22 00:11, Shimaa Gamal said:

Well, I know for sure that a bad decision is better than nothing. Indecisiveness is the worst thing in this world.
        As for fate, I believe in fate and I believe in choice too. Life is like a perfectly designed computer game. You get to finish tasks to get through levels and each level you are given different routes. You are given instructions before you start and you have the choice either to follow these instructions or not. You have to choose which of the routes you will take to the next level.
        The fact that the creator knows all the routes doesn’t affect your choices, the fact that the creator of this game knows that certain groups tend to use the game in a certain manner is called marketing statistics and doesn’t affect your choices.
        So, fate only manipulates the unlimited options we are given every moment. And we are completely responsible for whatever we decide or not decide to do.

That’s why I like the Starbucks kind of decisions. Many, insignificant little decisions that leaves a feeling of fulfillment that could rise to be content :)
        Big decisions aren’t fulfilling on the short run. But are usually beyond satisfactory on the long run. That’s why I don’t regret, because a big decision means that I was moved to a higher level. Whether I like it or not, but I am in a better place than where I started.

sa7sa7teeny :)

• At 2009.04.23 11:15, inas said:

i like what u wrote shimaa i tend to believe that bad decision DOESN’T exist i like to call it trial and error and u always learn from ur experiences .

• At 2009.04.24 16:08, Shimaa Gamal said:

So, true ya Inas. I like what Thomas Addison said “I have not failed, I merely found 10000 ways that didn’t work”.

• At 2009.04.24 21:18, inas said:

thats why he was THOMAS ADDISON !