Friday’s Five: Lotions and Potions

I love hand cream, body butter, face cream, anything that comes in a jar, tube or bottle that makes your skin soft and leaves it smelling nice.

1. Fruttini Coco Banana Body Butter

Fruttini Coco Banana Body Butter

I love this Fruttini Cocoa Banana Body Butter.  My sister got me this once as a present and I’ve been in love with it ever since.  The jar is huge so I sometimes put some in those little honey jars and keep them in my hand bag.

2. Vaseline Cocoa Butter

Vaseline Cocoa Butter

Vaseline’s new cocoa butter smells so nice and feels so good on your skin, you keep imagining desert islands and drinking Pina Coladas on the beach.

3. Johnson's Baby Lotion

Johnson's Baby Lotion

Johnson’s Baby Lotion is probably one of the most versatile lotion’s on earth.  It is gentle and you can also use it as a make up remover.  And who wouldn’t want to smell like a baby.  My daughter and I use it but whenever she catches me using it she squeals “baby baby baby” as if trying to say “that’s mine!”.

4. Olay's Total Effects

Olay's Total Effects

Olay’s Total Effects is good face cream.  I just like the way it makes me feel like a wiser more mature woman, which might be why I use it.

5. Palmet's Cocoa Butter

Palmet's Cocoa Butter

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter is perfect for hands that have been washing dishes or changing diapers.

I just realized I love Cocoa Butter, you must think I am a boring and predictable person  I actually love the regular Vaseline too, it’s awesome for tired feet and heels and when I want it to smell nice I add a drop of whatever essential oils I have and presto you have a super smelling cream.  I also love Jergen’s Musk cream too.

What are your favorite lotions and creams?

• At 2009.07.03 10:21, ze2red said:

seems like i’m gonna try a new collection when i’m done with what i have 😀

For me, i’m addicted to all “The Body Shop” products, when i know someone is visiting from the states or saudi arabia “Body shop” is on top of my shopping list.

what i love the most “which i have now and i’m addicted to”:

1- Strawberry body wash “it just makes u relaxed and feeling refreshed”

2- Strawberry body butter “soft and tender, and really makes u smell good all day, u would want to eat ursefl :D”

there is a lot of stuff i keep switching too, and new products all of the time that i keep on trying :)

i also love nevia soft, i don’t leave home without putting it in my purse.

• At 2009.07.28 18:17, jessyz said:

I love The Body shop, I would absolutely love to live in one of their stores.
      For some reason though I don’t like smelling like a strawberry, it makes me hungry.

• At 2009.07.03 18:28, Karmi said:

I love the The Body Shop. I think they carry the best lotions and body creams. Everything looks good enough to eat in that shop! It’s too bad I can’t indulge my addiction where I live in Chile. The people just have the basics. No Body SHops or any of that kind.

• At 2009.07.03 18:42, ze2red said:

Poor you… i kept waiting for Body shop to open its stores here in Cairo for over a year. hope u would find a pleasure in the basics.

• At 2009.07.03 19:00, asoom said:

My favorite body cream and shower gel scent by far is warm vanilla sugar by Bath & Body Works. I wear it almost on a daily basis. It gives off a pleasant soft scent..nothing strong or overwhelming like a perfume that everyone you walk past will smell, but it’s still not too subtle. People who sit next to you get a whiff of it and I’ve been asked what I’m wearing because it smells good quite a few times.

• At 2009.07.28 18:19, jessyz said:

I love subtle lingering good smells, make you feel great all day long.

• At 2010.03.05 11:10, Trenton Honzel said:

following your blog, good stuff!

• At 2010.10.05 14:51, christabel said:

i actually use nivea fair and its a toner though i formally use cocao butter(palmers)which actually makes me shine! amthinking of going back to it afterall, missing my shiny black skin. this time around, am going for the soap as well. really good for dark black women.

• At 2010.10.07 18:32, jessyz said:

I’ll try and check it out, I love anything cocoa butter because of the smell actually. I find soap is too harsh for me these days