Friday’s Five: Fears

I am not one to easily admit that I am afraid of things.  Scratch that, there are things I am afraid of.

1. Horror Movies:  I absolutely hate horror movies.  I get scared and even nightmares if there are gory scenes.  I know it is just acting but I can’t help it.
  2. The phone ringing in the middle of the night:  I always feel that bad news is coming.
  3. Stuffy Closed Places:  Yes, I am a little on the claustrophobic side.  I don’t like elevators especially crowded rides.  I hate it when I feel that I am trapped in a stuffy place.  Interestingly though I used to love hiding in the cupboard when I was a kid and reading horror stories with a flashlight.  Kind of ironic when you think of it, but I think horror stories are not as scary as movies and you can always close the book and the visuals aren’t so scary and when you voluntarily choose to hide someplace you always feel in control.  Maybe I like scaring myself.
  4. Train Tracks:  This goes way back to when I was 10 and they showed us this documentary about a little boy who played near the train tracks and got hit by a train then had both his legs amputated.  At the very end they showed you the boy sitting in a wheelchair with no legs.  The image has haunted me ever since.  I still shiver when I see kids playing near train tracks.
  5. Crows:  I once had to go to Suez for a work related thing days after I had seen Hitchcock’s Birds.  The crows over there are huge and there were lots of them.  They just gave me the creeps.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

motivational_poster_fear

What are you afraid of?

• At 2009.09.25 10:37, Juka said:

Needles; more than anything else in the world, to the extent that I let dentists drill away without any anesthetic because I won’t take no injections :)

• At 2009.09.26 14:15, jessyz said:

I don’t like needles but I dislike pain so much.

• At 2009.09.25 14:20, ibhog said:

Hospitals, since my mom. Their hallways are creepy and it has ominous air, and it’s like pain is floating around.

When a phone rings at the middle of the night, or worse, when one of my sisters makes loud noises at night, I wake up terribly shocked in fear that something bad’s happened.

I’m acrophobic, but if I’m at the park, and I ride a game with something holding me to a chair, I enjoy the ecstasy.

Water, I don’t know how to swim, so if I’m not on safe base, I freak out like a fish.

Sometimes, I get panicky about the swine flu and fantasize about the world getting empty and some other crazy stuff, but I try and overcome those thoughts most of the time 😀

I like the picture btw.

• At 2009.09.26 14:29, jessyz said:

I hate hospitals too. For very similar reasons.
          heheh Apparently you are on the panicky side of life.
          I love the water, when I was a baby they would put me on the sand while they set up the umbrella and stuff and I would crawl into the water. I looooove amusement parks. The scarier, faster and higher the ride goes the happier I am.

As for swine flu, it’s an awesome excuse to keep people from invading my personal space. 😀

• At 2009.09.25 16:22, Mona said:

Spiders. I can’t even see pictures of them without having a physical reaction. :::shudder:::

• At 2009.09.26 14:30, jessyz said:

I think the smaller ones are cute.

• At 2009.09.25 22:37, Cinderella said:

ya 7’arashy .. ana 7’wafa eltneen !

1) death.. am afraid of death so much..my death or anyone close to me..i always pray يارب اجعل يومي قبل يوم اي حد بحبه
                that’s why when i had my accident i thought this is the answers to my prayers :)

2) darkness ..i always imagine stuff moving around and if i slept in darkness i’d wake up on flashes of scary faces ..like the grudge movie faces :$

3) bathroom..i feel it’s not the safest place to be :$

4) sharks ..i always imagine swimming in a pool and a tiny sharks slips in :$

• At 2009.09.26 14:31, jessyz said:

Teneen mateen awi Cinderella.

I like the darkness. I feel safe and calm.

How is the shark going to get into the pool?

• At 2009.09.27 11:04, Cinderella said:

i dont know.. but all i can say is that when the shark was an embryo it slipped through the tannells of the pool and grew in the darkness and will attack as soon as im there 😀

• At 2009.09.27 20:53, jessyz said:

And this is what I would call an irrational fear. :-D.

• At 2009.09.28 18:39, Cinderella said:

yeaaaap ..
                        i dont fear of the obvious..i fear the mystery

• At 2009.09.30 08:00, jessyz said:

That is obvious 😀

• At 2009.09.28 18:40, Cinderella said:

ahhhhhhhhhhh i forgot i am afraid of something very silly bardo

the pantomim actors and something else sa7’eef 😀

• At 2009.09.30 08:03, jessyz said:

Really? I’ve always wanted to see them performing in the street.

• At 2009.09.26 20:59, KJ said:

I die in enclosed spaces! Can’t breathe!

• At 2009.09.27 20:51, jessyz said:

I can imagine!

• At 2009.09.27 01:15, Amira AK said:

Similar to your train track incident ya Jess, there was this book they gave us to read when we were kids called Play It Safe.. full of pictures.. it’s meant to show you how to keep away from danger and how to live safely at home and outdoors and there were these pictures of children playing with kites next to electricity poles.. and of saucepans in the kitchen with the handle sticking out of the cooker boundaries.. they didn’t really show graphic pictures, but you can imagine that kites aren’t my favourite past-time and i get edgy about saucepan handles sticking out.. not really fear, but paranoia mostly.

And I freak out when i watch Ghost Whisperer even though I love watching it and my eyes are glued to the TV screen all through the episode and I tell myself it’s only a TV show!

I have to admit though that I hate horror movies – never get the point of them – and will never go on one of those huge (or small) roller coaster rides if my life depended on it! I feel they suck your soul out of your body! literally!

• At 2009.09.27 20:53, jessyz said:

Hehehe and I thought I was the only one with a childhood induced safety fear.
                                      I looooove roller coasters, I am an adrenaline junky

• At 2009.09.27 16:12, gjoez said:

1- Earthquakes: Eversince 92’s earthquake. I was a kid then, and the fear is en carved in my heart, brain and soul.

2- Chocking then dying:I have a fear that me or someone I love would die while eating. I find it terribly scary-ironic.

3- A life changing second: like accidents or really drastic incidents that happen so fast and everything changes ever since!

4- I dont know if this is fear, bass i hate it when people shout. I am not the kinda person who would stay and watch a fight if people were shouting. i have a childish vision that those people are devil-possessed!

• At 2009.09.27 20:55, jessyz said:

Heheheh I remember that one too but since we were in the school bus didn’t really feel it so earthquakes don’t really scare me. I almost choked to death when I was a baby, to this day if I eat hard candy I always crunch it with my teeth. I don’t like people shouting either, it distresses me. My neighbor shouts and screams all the time, when she does it, Lulu and I hide in the farthest room because we both don’t like it :S