Why don’t they write songs about it?

Most songs are love-centric, which is weird because of you think of it, the average person isn’t in love the majority of the time.  Even people in a relationship eventually move from the “love” stage to the “life” stage.

Why aren’t there songs about:

• Laundry.  The average household does laundry 2 – 3 times a week (based on my observation).  Why hasn’t anyone sung to laundry?  Detergent, fabric softener and the washing machine would make great heroes for the song.
  • Changing Diapers.  The average baby uses 3500 to 4000 diapers (based on my calculations), which a mom has to change.  Someone should come up with a song to cheer those poor Moms along the way.  I sing to my daughter while changing her diaper because at the moment if I don’t entertain her she tries to crawl away really quickly.
  • Being stuck in traffic.  I got stuck in traffic in apparently what turned out to be lunch break hour for a couple of hours.  I kept trying to think of the words for the traffic song but I couldn’t really concentrate because there was a huge truck carrying cement in front of me and I kept imagining what would happen if one of those bags got loose, fell on my car and then it rained.
  • Shopping.  Grocery shopping, shoe shopping, clothes shopping, whatever shopping.  Shopping is a serious sport for some people.  It deserves a song.
  • Email.  There’s a facebook song and a twitter song.  Email is the unsung hero of the internet.  Let’s all sing for email.

What song would you like to hear?

• At 2009.09.29 09:45, nightS said:

Actually there’s a song about Emails(or close to)..The singer is Lebanese..her name was Sabine Nahhas I guess…
    Its name was “B3atle Email”,”بعتلي إيميل”..and she made a clip as well..I’m sure it’s on youtube somewhere..

And ofcourse you have “زحمة يا دنيا زحمة” for the traffic LOL 😀

• At 2009.09.30 08:05, jessyz said:

I totally forgot about Za7ma ya donya Za7ma, I am a 3adaweya fan.
      I’ll check out the Sabine Nahas song too.

• At 2009.09.29 11:18, Cinderella said:

loooooooooooooool
        ok i want to hear that cement rainy car song 😀 that would be something

but i guess email would be an easy song 😀 i’ll try to come up with one 😀

hmmm maybe bardo songs about blogs,el2olal mthln 😀

• At 2009.09.30 08:05, jessyz said:

You have no idea! The things that go on in my head are sometimes freakish.
          Waiting for your song.
          And yes there should be a song about blogging too.

• At 2009.09.29 11:46, gjoez said:

LOL ya Jessyz!

Let’s all sing for email!!

• At 2009.09.30 08:06, jessyz said:

All together now!
              Make up the words yalla!

• At 2009.09.29 14:31, ibhog said:

umm .. there’s coffee making, cab waving, car parking, standing in queues at government offices … studying, writing boring documents, waiting for the machine to reboot, sitting in a meeting, oh and customer visits.

I could go on forever.

This is exactly why they used to sing while throwing fishing nets and while pulling large wooden pieces during building large ships in the antiquity btw. They didn’t have earphones, yet they most certainly had so much more fun 😀

• At 2009.09.30 08:07, jessyz said:

Actually there was a song called fengal el kahwa by Omeima and Bob Dylan has a song called One more cup of coffee ( one of my all time favorites).
                  Definitely there should be one for government errands. Customer visits are fun! So is writing documents :-D. I used to be a workaholic.

• At 2009.09.29 15:11, Mona said:

Ha! Yea I’d like a laundry song and a washing the dishes song. I noticed that Arabic songs especially are mostly only about love.

• At 2009.09.30 08:08, jessyz said:

There are some wonderful folkloric Arabic songs but most of modern day’s songs are romantic.

• At 2009.09.30 11:48, Cinderella said: