Top 10 Reasons I Love Winter

After reading Roba’s post on why she hates winter, I just had to do this.  I love winter.  Here is why:

1. I like cold weather.  It reminds me of Scotland and a wonderful childhood, running barefoot in the snow and sitting next to the heater.
  2. I like winter clothes.  I love boots.  I love coats.  The only thing I miss are sandals.
  3. I love grey and angry skies.  I am crazy like that.
  4. It is less crowded.  That reason comes from living in Alex for so long.  In the summer it is hell, the summer tourists swallow Alex up.  It is hell on the Corniche and you just learn to avoid it if you can.
  5. I love the rain.  I love running in the rain and getting soaked.
  6. I can drive without turning on the A/C and the car doesn’t feel like a hot brick oven.  In the summer opening the door to your car that has been parked in the sun for a couple of hours can give you heatstroke.
  7. I can turn off the A/C at home.
  8. I can take Lulu out for walks without being afraid she might get cooked in Kuwait’s hot weather.  When it is really hot, her face goes red like a tomato and her car seat is usually so hot that she winces every time I buckle her in.
  9. It’s not too hot for a hot cocoa, actually it is just perfect for it.
  10. It means that the year is almost over and a new one is just around the corner.

• At 2009.10.05 23:28, loolt said:

barefoot in the snow? u r one crazy lady 😀

• At 2009.10.08 09:37, jessyz said:

Heheh I loved running in the back yard barefoot

• At 2009.10.06 19:54, Redzo said:

I Love it too :
        – A cup of coffee behind the glass window at midnight watching the rain over the glass ….
        – Travelling to Alex and Enjoying it less crowded … and going to wiener kaffee for MORE CHOCOLATE
        – Fashion is really chic in winter
        – Running at dawn around the nile
        – taking a hot bath … and getting in bed early where it’s freezing out there …
        Kefaya keda it’s just a comment :))

• At 2009.10.08 09:38, jessyz said:

aaaaah! 2alebt 3alaya mawage3 el homesickness for Alex!

• At 2009.10.07 11:29, Cesario said:

I absolutely agree with the whole list especially the part about hot chocolate; it never feels right to drink it except during winter especially if it’s raining and cloudy, ohh the bliss.

Loved the post and hoping that winter comes to Egypt a bit early this year.

• At 2009.10.08 09:39, jessyz said:

I also forgot to add that it is awesome to drink hot chocolate under a blanket while watching romantic comedies in the winter.

• At 2009.10.08 11:35, Roba said:

I like the A/C point. A/Cs do suck! But heaters suck just as much… they dry everything up!

• At 2009.10.08 12:03, jessyz said:

I don’t really use heaters unless I absolutely have to, same goes for the A/C. But since summer in Kuwait is so much longer, heaters don’t bother me as much as the A/C and they don’t really help my allergies either.
                  Nevertheless, I am grateful they were invented, or we’d all be cooked by now.

• At 2010.10.25 18:58, Fishing Umbrella : said:

am already preparing to get my winter clothes because winter is coming fast again. i could already feel the winter breeze~:`