Mini Flower Handbag [with pattern]

Flower BagBaby Lulu loves handbags, purses and wallets.  She loves getting into my closet and choosing her favorites and then drags it along to the door saying ‘bye bye’ signaling that it is time to go out, she’s ready and even has a bag to prove it.  I decided that it was time she had her own bag instead of having to ‘borrow’ mine.  She already has a backpack with a plush kitten on it but it is much too big and she loves hugging and kissing the kitten not carrying it.  I had lots of felt left over from my last Felt Bunny craze and decided it was time to use the stuff.  Felt is so easy to use and if you are  a beginner like me, with no sewing machine it is so easy to hand stitch.

I just made the pattern up, added the flower.  You cut two of the body, 1 handle, 1 flower and 1 circle for the heart of the flower.

First stitch the heart of the flower and then stitch the flower to one side of the body.  Stitch the ends of the handle together so it forms a circle.  Then stitch one side of the handle to the body using a blanket stitch.  Then stitch the other side.

If you don’t know how to do a blanket stitch, FutureGirl has an awesome easy to follow tutorial with step by step pictures.

You can download the pattern here [BagPattern].  If you make one please share a picture, I’d love to see them.

Happy crafting.

• At 2009.11.15 11:24, Mona said:

That’s adorable! Good job.

• At 2009.11.15 15:31, jessyz said:

Glad you liked it :-).

• At 2009.11.16 14:16, ze2red said:

Shatooora Jessyz 😉
        I love the nice and effectiveness of the blanket stitch. it’s been a long time since i used what i learned in Prep school.

i used to do nice “Mafaresh” i have one on my desk at home. I guess you need to try doing those as well, you will have so much fun, and enjoy seeing your hand made stuff spread around your house.

• At 2009.11.16 16:07, jessyz said:

Heheh I never learnt this stuff at school, but I was always in love with making stuff. My mom would buy me books and supplies as a kid. It is so much fun to make stuff.

• At 2009.11.16 20:06, ze2red said:

I learned these things at school in KSA, and we had lovely mini projects, some time i’ll photograph the one on my desk and send it for you, ayna3am it’s childish but it’s precious :)

I guess u can get back to ur books, or surf the net, try to make “mafaresh” and wall portraits “canava” you will be proud of yourself.

• At 2009.11.17 14:59, jessyz said:

I’d love to see pictures. I think we did more childish stuff like paper mache and origami at school

• At 2009.11.17 14:15, inas said:

lucky lulu

• At 2009.11.17 15:01, jessyz said:

I am thinking of making something else. Fakra when we looked for the felt all over the place and couldn’t find it. I think it is time to get the big book of soft toys out and make something a little more complicated.

• At 2009.11.17 16:28, ze2red said:

First of all, congrats on the new look for the blog, love it.

Second give me your email address and i promise i’ll take the picture and send it for you. “this will be my motivation to arrange my desk and throw the unwanted stuff :D”

• At 2009.11.17 17:00, jessyz said:

Sure, I’ll email you so I can see the stuff.

Glad you liked it :-)

• At 2009.11.17 17:04, Elegant Chic said:

That’s sho sho cute! :)

• At 2009.11.24 17:27, jessyz said:

Not as cute as when she runs around asking for her tatta because she can’t say shanta yet

• At 2009.11.24 17:02, Sameha said:

to7fa ya yasmine :) will download and do one and show u…:)

• At 2009.11.24 17:27, jessyz said:

Shokran shokran, tab begad yalla wareena

• At 2009.12.20 20:47, sameha said:

yasmuine, for the purse..which material did u use..the same for the bunny..which material do we use…I went thru the bunny and this one..but i guess will need yr help :)

• At 2009.12.22 10:29, jessyz said:

Felt, it is called جوخ in Arabic. If you can’t find it I can send you some from over here.

• At 2009.12.26 10:33, sameha said:

so u mean the handbag material was basically made of coloured Felt ? Sa7 ? Can you advise if it is a hard material or a soft one, same for the flower, with Felt also ?
                                    One last thing, you go buy this from the shop selling buttons w keda like the Nomrosy one in Cairo wala from the Material shop ?

• At 2010.01.05 08:00, jessyz said:

Yes, bosi ask for gookh in Egypt, if you can’t find it I can send you some from here, it’s light I can mail it to you or send it with the first person coming over. It’s all felt. Here you find it in kolaf shops, but I think in Egypt you would have to look in fabric shops.

• At 2010.01.06 10:23, Sameha said:

I asked here in Cairo at least in El-Azhar famous for fabrics but they dont have it also in the kolaf shops bardo, the only place place left will be el 3ataba or el mosky :).
                                        Fabric shops have the felt used for cloth.
                                        Iam finishing my bag now :) Dont want to burden you if its easy to send it , why not try :).Want to do the handbag and the toy Wowoo I guess :).