It has been a couple of weeks since I’ve done a Friday’s Five.
I absolutely adore Latin. Short, simple sentences with so much meaning. Here are five of my favorites.
- Ad astra per aspera – To the stars through difficulty
- Veni, vidi, vici – I came, I saw, I conquered.
- Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero – Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow.
- Nullius in verba – (Rely) on the words of no one.
- Intelligenti pauca – Few words suffice for he who understands
And Bonus phrase:
Helluo librorum – A glutton for books. (bookworm)