2010 To Do List

If you were here last year then you already know I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. On the other hand I make daily to do lists. Not just lists of chores to do or errands to run, just things I would like to do with my life. Before I share my list with you I would like to say Happy New Year. 2009 was a good year, it had its ups and downs like any year but I managed to check off some things from my list too.

• I learned to crochet.
  • I weaned Lulu (actually she weaned herself)
  • I made a bunch of great friends in Kuwait and online through blogging.
  • I started a small business with my sister.
  • I realized that being happy begins by being comfortable with yourself.

As for 2010 I have lots of things I would like to do on my mind.

• Learn to sew and buy a sewing machine. I have big plans and lots of patterns that I would like to make. I mainly want to make Lulu’s clothes because children’s clothes are smaller and take less time to make :-).
  • Read more books. I read a bunch of great books this year but I still want to read more. I already have some of them and will buy some more. The first book on my list is Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk, I am already half way thrugh it so I want to finish it before I start reading Making your children mind without losing yours.
  • Get better at crochet and make bags, cardigans and a huge afghan.  I already have the patterns for the things I like. First on my list is a wrap/kimono sweater for Lulu.
  • Play more Wii.  We bought a Wii back in September and I love the Wii Fit and Cardi Coach but I think I can do more with it too. I think I’ll play more bowling today.
  • Visit the museum of modern art in Kuwait. I love museums and I’ve been wanting to visit it for months but I keep getting distracted

I have to be honest, I just love writing these. I will write post ideas to my to do lists to remind myself to research something and post about it. I will add an item to remind me to call a friend or try a new recipe. II will even add things I should buy when I go grocery shopping because I absolutely love crossing items off my list.  It makes me feel accomplished and because these items are usually silly and small things I get most of them done and I feel very happy about myself.

They might seem like resolutions but for me they are specific action items that I am planning to do (God willing) which is why I usually manage to stick to them instead of the generic “loose weight and be healthier” resolutions. I like living day to day because you never really know what is going to happen tomorrow and I like being flexible and changing my plans according to what happens.

And to help you with your to do lists, why not print these oh-so-beautiful matryoshka todo lists from A Print A Day blog.

What do you want to do in 2010?

• At 2010.01.02 14:54, almondjoycie said:

I am liking your blog, girlfriend. So first on my to-do list is to add you to my blog list!

You are wise in making your first attempts at sewing little girls clothes. I did the same when my now teenager was a baby. It will be very rewarding and she can be your model! I’ll be looking forward to seeing some finished work!

• At 2010.01.05 08:15, jessyz said:

I made her a jacket and some booties and it is so rewarding to see her wearing the stuff I’ve made. She also loves watching me working on stuff and I keep telling her that “Mummy is making you a jacket or booties” and she gets super excited and tries running off with the yarn and trying the stuff on while I am still working.

• At 2010.01.03 17:17, Amira AK said:

Good work Jessyz! I think a To Do List is much more effective than a list of resolutions. Though the “lose weight and be healthier” resolution is always a huge temptation and always the first thing we put up there high at the top :)

Good luck with those and Happy New Year :)

• At 2010.01.05 08:17, jessyz said:

Very tempting. I find it easier to just do a daily thing on my to do list like “stick to under 2000 cals today” it seems more achievable when it is one thing for one day, it also makes it more likely to actually get done than when I think a generic “Lose weight”.

• At 2010.01.04 09:37, Sameha said:

Yasmine, Great as usual :) 2009 was a bit hard but on December 2009, i had this wonderful dream come true which invloves by sleeping and waking up :).This was my great one :)
            For 2010, hoping to start my day ;praying fajr and staying up and ofcourse hoping to go to bed early :).
            One more thing is learning a new hobby with my friends here,inspired by Yasmine, crocheting or making mafaresh, all kinds of home crafts :)
            Last but not least,writing a blog once a week to dcoument at least one nice thing thru the week coz I tend to get disappointed easily , if I got hit by something in my day :)

• At 2010.01.05 08:26, jessyz said:

Isa you can pray Fajr, just set the alarm and keep trying :-)

And please please start a blog, just focus on the positive until the positive starts focusing on you :-)

• At 2010.01.04 09:51, Sameha said:

thought this culd be like yr kimono wrap you want for LuLu ..have a look :)
                The blog is crochet to go :)

• At 2010.01.05 07:48, jessyz said:

Actually it is quite similar, the one I made has a tie at the side instead of buttons, I am going to post soon isa. I just checked out CrochetToGo to7fa, thanx for the mention.

• At 2010.01.05 23:24, Luigi Fulk said:

What a wonderful blog! Please continue this great work I will be sure to check back regularly…

• At 2010.01.06 09:31, Andrew Pelt said:

What

• At 2010.01.07 20:52, Luigi Fulk said:

I simply wanted to add a comment here to say thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming therefore I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and carry on You’ll defintely reach your goals! have a great day!