Friday’s Five: Five reasons living in Kuwait is a good thing
- My extended relatives don’t see me that often to tell me that I’ve gained weight.
- Things cost almost exactly the same, but it feel better to pay 5 KD in Starbucks than it is to shell out a 100 LE bill. The value is the same but the number is annoying. Oh and the 1 pound coins are heavier than I remember. I read an article a few weeks back about Egyptians hating the coins and thought that the Egyptians are just complainers, but I do see their point. I always have around 10 LE in coins and they are quite heavy and have lots of volume. I think they should make them smaller and lighter which would also mean they should be cheaper. But maybe they won’t be as durable. Someone should explain why they chose that design.
- Beep Beep Honk Honk, eley7eb el nabi yedrab kalaks.
- WHO ON EARTH REDESIGNED THE ALEXANDRIA SMOUHA TRAFFIC MAP/PLAN? Yes I am shouting. Apparently that person was smoking pot or something because they just decided to transform two way streets into one way ones. Theoretically that is not a problem but the signs are not really clear, so you take a right and suddenly find yourself face to face with incoming traffic and thousands of people cursing you and your family right up to your seventh grandfather. They also didn’t bother to remove the roundabouts so it becomes really confusing. But then again driving in Egypt is either in your blood or not. Complaining about driving and traffic in Egypt is in all Egyptian’s blood.
- But probably the most important reason is that it is where my home is.