My favorite Mug

I have lots of favorite mugs.  I buy them because I love collecting them.  I love the fact that they get chipped or broken so I can move on and have a new favorite.  I bought this one back in January 2008,  it lives at my mom’s house.  I bought it for my husband because he’s a leo and I was very pregnant and waiting for little Lulu to arrive and waiting for him to come from Kuwait and attend the birth.  I was so happy to see it was still safe and sound and I drink coffee in it every morning ever since I got here.

I have a favorite mug at home.  It is a small pale blue one.  I need to mugs of coffee in the morning to get going and because it is a little on the smallish side, it is the perfect size.  I miss it.  Just like I miss my home and most of all my husband.

I used to think that my mom’s home is still my home but for the first time I feel like a guest.  I think it is a good thing.  I have a home that I can call my own.  It might not be a castle (yet) but it is mine.  So as much as I am enjoying this long awaited vacation I am secretly happy knowing that I am eventually going back to the home I call my own.

• At 2010.04.13 10:55, Ola said:

I love mugs too!

It’s strange how girls feel like guests in their parents’ house after getting married. What’s probably more strange is having a home in which you assume the role of the mother, which was always the role of your own mother in your parents house! Maybe that’s one of the reasons I’m discouraged to get married because I’m a total domestic disaster, unlike my mother lol

• At 2010.05.03 15:48, jessyz said:

I am not exactly the world’s domestic queen. But you learn and live through most of it.
      It is weird though.

• At 2010.04.13 10:57, Sinar said:

nice, I like collecting mugs , and have favorite ones also, I used to get my husband mugs too, yet he doesn’t drink any hot drinks except hot chocolate -rarely- so I end up using them for myself 😀

and you’re right about how you feel now in your mom’s house, I used to miss it in my first months of marriage, but now…. no matter what my house looks like, I do miss it by the time I leave it… as you said .. it’s your own …

have a nice vacation :)

• At 2010.05.03 15:49, jessyz said:

Hehehehe lucky you, lots of mugs for you.

Yeah I do love my home.

• At 2010.04.13 12:18, lendmeurear said:

Cute mug 😉
            I totally understand. I love my home… I’m most comfortable in it… It’s my haven. However I don’t feel like a guest at my parents’ home. I still have my old closet full of my stuff that I use when I’m there. I still do things that I used to do before I got married. :)

• At 2010.05.03 15:51, jessyz said:

My room is still the same except for the cot that we got when Lulu was born. I don’t feel like an outsider, I just feel like a guest in a temporary place. Every time I go back, things have changed. I still love going but I am more attached to my place now.

• At 2010.04.13 14:19, Mona said:

That mug is so cute!

• At 2010.05.03 15:51, jessyz said:

There’s another one with a chicken on it but I forgot to take pictures :-)

• […] My favorite mug might live at my mum’s house but my second favorite mug lives here.  It even has it’s own cozy and looks so cute.  I really should stop thinking about mugs the way I do.  But mugs are really important.  I mean who doesn’t drink at least 3 cups of coffee a day in their favorite mug?  It has to be the right size, the right color and just fit in your hands perfectly.  Otherwise it’s just a vessel for coffee.  But a good mug is an experience worth having.  Just like the perfect pair of shoes.  You can think of shoes as containers for your feet, or you can think of them as the platform you stand in every day to deal with the world.  They take you from one place to the next.  They take you to greatness, they run with you when you run from fear and they make you look taller or slimmer if you choose the right pair.  The right pair will hug your feet and support you all day long while still looking pretty and nice.  I also feel as strong about my pens ( I love fountain pens) as I feel about mugs and shoes.  I am not an overtly sentimental person but I guess I am a very sentimental person. […]