Friday’s Five: I confess to being afraid of these things

is:
If you
knew you could
handle anything
that came your
way, what would you
have to fear? The answer is: NOTHING!~ Susan Jeffers quotes from Feel The Fear… And Do it Anyway
Apparently it turns out there are more things I am afraid of than I’d  like to admit.  I finally started reading Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers.  Before my vacation I had an opportunity to delve deeper into my soul and think about lots of things.  I did lots more soul searching while I was in Egypt and realized that I had lots of fears that were holding me back from doing stuff I wanted to do.

• I am afraid people might not like me.
  • I am afraid of being a bad mother.  Unfortunately bad sometimes means too tough and sometimes means too soft.  Contradictory I know.
  • I am afraid of making phone calls.  I have no idea why, but I hate having to call people other than my close friends or family members.
  • I am afraid of letting go of  things sometimes.  I recently went through my clothes in a purge session and found a pair of trousers that I remember buying 3 years before my dad passed away while on a family trip all of us together,  that is like around 13 years ago maybe more.  Every time I tried giving them away I’d get all sentimental.  After a lot of thinking I realized they were more than just a pair of trousers that don’t fit me anymore.  They were all these happy memories that I was scared of giving away if I let go of the trousers.
  • I am afraid of hurting the people I love so I end up in a state of guilt, stress  or unhappiness and sometimes all three together.

It is not that I am crazy or need therapy, not that I’d mind  finding someone I could complain to without feeling bad about making them feel bad :-).

I just think that I could be a much more balanced and happier individual if I dealt with them.  Realizing that fear was the underlying motivator in so many of my actions was an eye opener.  It feels liberating that now I know why, and that I can deal with each one of these fears.  It seems weird that I had never realized it before.

I am loving the book.

• At 2010.05.14 10:38, Pearlin J said:

I deal with all the things you have stated too JZ.You are not alone is all I want to say :)

• At 2010.05.15 22:51, jessyz said:

It’s good to know I am not alone :-)

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Qwaider Planet, jessyz. jessyz said: Friday’s Five: I confess to being afraid of these things #Friday'sFive #fears → http://bit.ly/bLSNv3 […]

• At 2010.05.14 11:44, Jasmine said:

I’m afraid of making phone calls too haha, even when I phone the dentist my heart pounds a little bit in nervousness.

• At 2010.05.15 22:53, jessyz said:

I forgot to mention that I am really really afraid of dentists. Calling them on the phone is even scarier.
            I sometimes think I am scared of the buzzing sound the most when they have that thing in your mouth and you have no idea what’s really going on.

• At 2010.05.14 15:34, Shimaa Gamal said:

I am afraid of almost the same things :)

• At 2010.05.15 22:53, jessyz said:

I never would have guessed, you strike me as a fearless kind of person.

• At 2010.05.15 11:09, eshda3wa said:

if i make a list of things im afraid of
                  my list would be never ending

• At 2010.05.15 22:54, jessyz said:

Thankfully my list is short, unfortunately the fears run deep.

• At 2010.05.17 10:11, inas said:

i think i need to read this book

• At 2010.05.17 11:33, jessyz said:

You will love it. I’ll finish it and send it isa

• At 2010.05.18 17:30, Jackie said:

You sound so like me that it is scary. It is rare I hear of somebody with my phone fear too!

• At 2010.05.18 19:16, KJ said:

I’m TERRIFIED of phone calls! I’d rather drive all the way than call for food delivery!