Thursday’s Thought: Join in with your thoughts

Thursday's ThoughtI always have these crazy random thoughts running in my head all the time. Some are totally smart and others are totally weird. But I want to share some anyways.
Every Thursday I’ll be posting one thought and I am inviting you to do the same and then link up your post by clicking the Linky button at the bottom.
I just have one rule if you want to join in. No idea is stupid and no one should make fun of other people’s thoughts.
Simple right?

This week’s thought:
“What would be a good alternative to democracy?”
I’ve been reading Think Before it is Too Late by Edward DeBono and he argues that democracy was designed for stability and not progress. So what would be a good system especially for Egypt? He gives some ideas and examples like adding a huge number of empty seats in parliment which would be affected by general polls. I find it really interesting but very befuddling. Again, how would you even begin to implement a new system in Egypt, logistically speaking at least.

So what are your thoughts?

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by jessyz, Qwaider Planet. Qwaider Planet said: Thursday’s Thought: Join in with your thoughts #Democracy #think #debono (@jessyz) Chocolate Mints In a Jar → http://bit.ly/9MWtcF […]

• At 2010.10.14 20:33, ze2red said:

tell me ba2a how did you do that link thing?

• At 2010.10.18 11:24, jessyz said:

I used Mr Linky :-)

• At 2010.10.14 21:24, reema said:

i think that before we even begin to think of political reform we shld strip down to the basics and begin with self reform dont u think we r still at the base of the needs pyramid

• At 2010.10.18 11:24, jessyz said:

Yes and no, I think our pyramid is skewed.

• At 2010.10.17 15:25, Shimaa Gamal said:

I have been thinking lately whether democracy will help the poor or not.
              People have been promoting democracy as the way out of all problems. But does the freedom of choosing who to represent u mean that u will get what u want?

even worse, how ignorance will affect the mechanism of choice.

• At 2010.10.18 11:26, jessyz said:

I think democracy is not our problems. I think the attitude still needs more work before we can even come near to thinking about democracy

• At 2010.10.17 19:24, Juka said:

Hmm, an alternative to democracy, well, how do you feel about a state of anarchy? Think about it, government no longer exist, no ministries, no policy makers and no politicians. All decisions are taken on a case by case basis. There are no taxes and no tariffs, no public sector and no public services. Health care, education, etc… is all run by the private sector and governed by the laws of competition and supply and demand. The creation of infrastructure also becomes a private sector affair, roads are built then their services rented or charged by their owners. Basically complete and random survival-of-the-fittest anarchy. Needless to say tons will get creamed in the process, yet you are asking about alternatives.

• At 2010.10.18 11:28, jessyz said:

Nope I don’t think anarchy is the solution either, although it might work out in the end. Total anarchy will eventually lead to tribalism where everyone would look out for their own, eventually leading to civil war then treaties of peace, it might take a hundred years but could benefit everyone in the end.
                    Again, I don’t think this is the best solution either. I think there needs to be a way to completely re-educate the population then introduce a pseudo democratic system that would empower the people and make them accountable as well as a government that is also empowered and accountable to the people.