Friday’s Five: Moving

I love my home but I feel ready to move. I want a place that:

1. doesn’t have paper thin walls so we don’t end up hearing everything the neighbors say and do.
  2. has a balcony.  I love balconies.  I want a real balcony that I can spend the evenings in enjoying the cool summer breeze and maybe even have a plant or two.
  3. has an extra room.  We totally need an extra room, two rooms would be great an office for my husband and a craft/play room for me and Lulu.
  4. has a bigger kitchen where we can have a little breakfast nook.  Our kitchen is tiny but it is totally usable, but I’d love to have a table in there.
  5. has better storage space.

Do you wish you could move?

• At 2010.11.12 16:36, Sameha said:

I would love to move also..but I would love a small garden,always hoped I would plant my own veggies and a bigger kitchen too, like the one in Nigella Lawson’s place.
    Lovely ya Yasmin…go on the great job :)

• At 2010.11.20 08:49, jessyz said:

Yeah Nigella’s place is so cute.
      I would love a kitchen like that

• At 2010.11.12 19:40, Shimaa Gamal said:

I think I share Sameha’s dream. I want a place with a bigger kitchen and hopefully a place to plant my herbs and if really lucky a little garden.

I want more space and less furniture. And a tightly closed living area

I want to move, or maybe find a way to add space to out apartment :) I have always talked dad into buying the neighbor’s apartment :) but then the neighbors will have to move :)

do buildings in q8 have balconies? I thought gulf is all about balcony-less buildings

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Girly Gator and jessyz, Qwaider Planet. Qwaider Planet said: Friday’s Five: Moving #Friday'sFive (@jessyz) Chocolate Mints In a Jar → http://bit.ly/afetBx […]

• At 2010.11.18 01:10, Dina El Hawary - dido's said:

Ya lahwyyyy … I want to move very much! I love my home as well but I need a home not on the 4th floor with no elevator. Sure storage spaces & bigger kitchens are always appreciated :)
            I like the garden idea, my only concern is insects. Any clue?

• At 2010.11.20 08:55, jessyz said:

My grandmother has a garden and it doesn’t seem to be a problem. I think she has a couple of trees that repell mosquitos and sprays insecticide every few weeks but that is it

• At 2010.11.18 09:38, KJ said:

I do wish I can move to a two bedroom apartment, but I learned to be content with what I could afford, still hopeful though :)

• At 2010.11.20 08:56, jessyz said:

:-) we all learn to live with what we can afford or we’d all be miserable