The older generation would never had imagined that they raised the generation that would start the spark that changed Egypt forever
Lets all try to:
- Be more patient with our children. Don’t yell. Listen more. You have no idea how impressed you might be when you just give them a chance.
- Help them explore the world. Children are curious by nature, do not squash it.
- Accept that they might stray from the more accepted paths and let them follow their dreams.
- Give them the freedom to do what they love.
- Teach them honesty by example. Do not lie to them or tells lies. Children see, children do.
- Help them be creative. Who cares if they make a mess? If you are really worried that they make a mess, teach them to clean after themselves, lay out old newspapers so they keep the place clean. The amount of creativity that exploded during a time of stress and difficulty during the protests has me totally blown away.
- Give them chores. Even toddlers can learn how to pick up their toys. Good habits are a gift for life.
- Teach them responsibility. A responsible generation is a successful one.
- Teach them to give. Twice a year ask them to give away toys and clothes. Children are naturally compassionate, help them learn how to express it in a more useful way.
- Teach them good manners. Saying please and thank you, opening doors, being polite and the rest of those good manners really can take you very far in life.
- Have faith in them. They already have faith in you, it should be mutual.